41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
My own-tied flies!
42 Posts
Water Sky Cloud Plant Lake

Water Sky Plant Boat Water resources

Cloud Sky Water Water resources Plant

River Loire, a few steps from my home... A great multi-purpose playing ground: spinning, fly-fishing, bait-fishing, boating, rambling. Sadly the migratory fish here are on the brink to extinction with just a few hundreds of Atlantic salmon running yearly (250 in 2020... strictly protected), no more seatrout, a few allis shads. Anyway, you can fly fish for chubs, asps, hard fighting wild carp, you may get a try to pike and there are many species that can be caught with traditionnal spinning or baiting (zander, wells catfish, perch, plenty different cyprinids). Always a big fun to enjoy a plural-disciplinary drift or just stalking in summer warm waters. And for sure, it is a good training place for Spey casting, what I'm doing to prepare my trips abroad. You may even put a deceiver and see what will happen in a swing...

Middle picture is showing traditional boats built to keep that wooden constructions tradition alive; there was a quite big commercial traffic until end of XIX century. It's been very special due to shallow waters and strong current and boats were wind powered. Trade was involving wines and construction materials, coal... Those boats called "plate" and "gabare" were also used by commercial fisheries (there's also my specially designed aluminum craft ;)).

Raphael

Attachments

·
137 Posts
Raised in AK since age 2. We moved back in 2018 after nearly 8 years first in AZ then OR then PA. Based in Anchorage but we have a family cabin 1.5 hrs north. Rivers throughout the region are still productive, clean though the chinook returns have been dwindling. So happy to be back up north. My favorite thing is to introduce the outdoors to my kids.

Forehead Cheek Skin Smile Hairstyle

Sky Water Cloud Mountain Water resources

Water Cloud Sky Plant Water resources

Sky Cloud Water Plant Mountain

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Mountain

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Blue

Water Sky Water resources Boat Tree

Water Eye Reptile Liquid Beak

Water Cloud Sky Afterglow Natural landscape

·
Registered
203 Posts
I really like this thread but wish I knew where each picture was from. I'm not looking to jump in your local honey hole, I just like geographic context.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts