Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traveling to fish is one of my favorite things. But there is something to be said for the waters close to home. Especially with everything going on these days. It’s easy to take what’s in your backyard for granted. This thread is dedicated to our local fisheries that keep us sane. Let’s see what’s in your backyard.

Road surface Wood Asphalt Automotive tire Landscape

Water Fisherman Fish Fishing Recreational fishing

Water Cloud Sky Dog Water resources

Vertebrate Mesh Mammal Organism Grille

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,922 Posts
I love and fish where I live. Bass and walleye almost year around. Steelhead in the fall and winter. Trout up river(within an hour). More love within 3hrs drive.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Water Sky Cloud Atmosphere Fluid

Fishing net Water Automotive tire Grass Fish

While my home water has suffered quite a few indiscretions over the past couple of decades (the pictured riffle was destroyed in a “habitat improvement” project this past fall, for example), it still hosts a fine run of healthy spring bluebacks that look up to grab. Also a good shad run. The fish above was caught a 6 minute drive from my house.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I live in a very small province on the east coast of Canada. Within a few hours drive, we have rivers like the Miramichi, Restigouche, Nepisiquit which all have world class Atlantic salmon runs. At one time the St. John (yes the one the reel is named for) had a fantastic run of salmon, as did the Nashwaak, Big Salmon, Kennebecasis. We now have muskies, stripers and a major small mouth bass fishery. A few rivers have sea run brook trout. All of these can be caught on a fly.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Love the pictures! I live in a city, but a reasonable 2 hour drive from my camp...just need to work on that helicopter to cut the commute time😂. I fully recognize my exceptional good fortune, living in a province with Atlantic Salmon, Sea Run Speckled trout, Striped Bass, shooting for grouse, woodcock, pheasants and whitetails. Trips to fabled waters in New Brunswick and Quebec are easy drives...now if we can just do something about the taxes on scotch and cigars!
These pics are 3 days apart. Looking at camp from the stream and looking at the sunset from the deck of camp. Note the opening leaves.
Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Branch
Sky Plant Natural landscape Branch Dusk

1 - 20 of 52 Posts