Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surfing on Loops new webpage introduced me to some new graphite in the Loop line up the Goran Andersson Signature series in 9126-4 and a 10146-4....Great looking rods and am sure a pleasure to cast....Anyone have the chance to take either out for a test drive as yet???? Or soon too? Also noticed a mid belly line the "D" loop new in the line section head lengths of 62-66 ft....Off topic why is it Loop is relagated themselves to 8 weight and up for rods????

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Juggy,

I cast a proto of the D-Loop lines last fall. The Andersson rods and the finished D-Loops are inbound to Fly Angler Distributing, LOOP's North American distributor and once they arrive and I have a chance to spend some time with them I'll post some notes as I did last year with the Quattros.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Loop's website

What is the address to Loop's new website? The only address I know is the old loopusa.com

Thanks,
David Dornblaser

P.S. - just did a little more surfing, would it be: http://www.looptackle.se ? Is there a new USA site?

The 12'6" Goran Andersson rod looks interesting.

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,476 Posts
If you click on the sponsors link at the top of the page, you can click on LOOP. From here you have access to the english version. It is back up witht eh new stuff.

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Anyone got any leverage?

Hey guys, Dana-

I am just wondering if anyone has any leverage over there, because for the life of me I can't figure out why Loop isn't making any longer lightline doubles.

I have the CND 13' 6/7 Expert and I have found a zillion uses for it on a trout stream. I really want a top end, good looking, fast action but true 5/6 to throw a Windcutter 5/6 line, but I don't want to get an 11' or even a 12' rod. Those just don't offer enough of an advantage over the single hander to me.

Sage has the 12' 5 wt. CND has its 13' Expert. Could anyone convince Loop to make a 12'6" or 13' Gray Line #5? I have been trying to avoid going the custom route because I think the manufacturers are eventually going to come my way on this.

(In fact, I think double handers may start to grow even longer. Has anyone experimented with, say, an 18 or 20' *graphite* #10/11? If they did it with greenheart, why the limit at 15/16' now?)

I know I am crazy and I know I am way out here in the spey hinterlands, with no one influencing me or telling me why it can't be done, so maybe I try things no one in their right minds would try up north, but I think a long rod should be a long rod.

Zach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts