Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I would like to put loops in a new Delta Spey 10-11 line and use the tips I have from an 8-9-10 WC with that line. MJC suggested snipping at 15'6" and again at 30'6" to put the loops. Have any of you tried these locations or have you had better luck with something else? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
John

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Chooping the Delta Spey

I'm not sure what the gain would be in cutting it at the 30'6" mark unless you were using the remanent belly to drive 300 or 400 grain BigBoys, or to stick in a compensator.
When I gave the advice to chop it at 30'6" the above is the very thing I had in mind. I didn't ask John if that was his intent but I thought it was.

·
just say no to bait
115 Posts
What rod are you using?

I just returned from the Campbell R. casting that very line on a DB fave 9/10. Before you cut it try a Poly leader in the desired sink rate.

The reason I say this is my Delta 10/11 casts amazingly well! So much so that I would be afraid of altering the lines performance. If the Polyleader doesn't work for you you're only out ten bucks and you can still cut the line.

Cheers N I

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:cool:
Thanks for the responses. I will be fishing this line on my new Expert1510. Wanted to get it set up for all possibilities but from what I hear, I may just do the one snip at 15.5 and see how that does for me. Thanks again.
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts