Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
eventually I gave up...resistance is futile...I'll give the Scandi rods a try:eek:
Next season I'll leave my old Hardys in the closet and I'll wip the water trying to relearn how to cast.
I REALLY do not know what to choose between a Loop Blue Line, an Echo and a TFO.
I plan on using the rod with tubes(copper,cone heads and bullets) and heavy tips.
I am leaning for the TFO 12'6" #8 (reviews are good) but I liked the"feel" of the Loop; Echo look great on paper, too:Eyecrazy:
Help, I am loosing my sleep.
Thanks,
Emilio

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
I really really like the echo rods. Great price and you get two tips with it. I was really amazed at how well it cast and it is a well appointed rod to boot.

Working on getting one for myself asap.

-sean

·
Registered
445 Posts
What would I do???

............I voted with my wallet! I have 3 Loop Blue rods,liked them so well,I bought Green and Greys,too.You can't beat them. You've cast the Blue,what did you think??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hei, Spey Machine,
I think know what you mean.....
I own athe 10' #7 that I use for beach coho and streamers on "my" river and the 9' #5 that I use pretty much for everything else ( sea run cutts, trout, lake....) and I love them.

I think that if the"feel" of the rod is the same with the twohander, well there's the answer then.

Tight lines,
Emilio

·
Registered
445 Posts
Emilio...Here's what I did....

...........I now have a 11.5' 7wt.,a 11.5' 8 wt.,and a 14' 8/9 wt. The quality is excellent,and most importantly,they cast and fish as good as you would want. You will not be disappointed with them.:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
i have tried the Echo2 rod (think it was a 12,6´ #9). And for that price i think it is a very good rod.

i have had several Loop scandispeyrods and i like them all (the 15´ is good to cast whit but to heavy!!!).

both the green, black, blue, grey och yellow are all nice rods (have had green 15´, green 12,4´, blue 14´, grey 13´) and try to cast them at your local dealer to see what you like.

ThigtLines

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks J,
I think I 'll go for the Loop Blue.
Why chance it, right?
As I said I have two Blue Line already and I really like them.
Sincerely,
Emilio

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.