Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loop's new Spey lines just arrived today. I have the 9/10 and 10/11 and will be testing them out over the next few weeks and reporting back with my impressions. These are Windcutter/Delta Taper-style extended belly 1-piece shooting heads with head lengths of 51ft - 54.5ft depending on line weight. All lines are 120ft long.

Mac, I'll bring one along tomorrow for us to play with!

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
Dana,

I got one a few days ago, a 11/12 quattro tip, that I tried on the GLX 15'6" only this morning. It felt fine with good turnover also with the fastest tip. Early days yet though, as it only has been tested on still water.........

Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Per

·
Registered
254 Posts
What are the head weights on those? Wondering how they compare to Rio and Airflo. And where do you guys get to play. I haven't been up to BC for awhile and have never fished any of those rivers. Is it elbow to elbow gear guys up there too or is that just a Seattle thing?

Matt

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Matt,

the Loop Spey line weights are as follows:

WF9: 575 grains
WF10: 615 grains
WF11: 690 grains

I don't have info on the Quattro lines.

I'm on the Fraser today just for a casting clinic. Fishing tends to be pretty busy up here too.

Per, what are the head and tip lengths and grains on the Quattros? Still waiting on those...

·
Hooked on Salmon
161 Posts
The Quattros appear to be identical to the full floaters in overall head lengths and weights (including a tip).

The tapered tips are 15´and come as:

Floating, Clear Intermediate, Fast Sink, and Extra Super Fast Sink

No actual densities are given for the tips. Guess they compare very well with Airflo's PolyLeaders, at least at a glance.

Per

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10/11

Spent a little time with this line on the Loop Yellow 10150-4. Line reminds me of the feel of the Delta Spey lines--a little lighter feeling than the Windcutters. Easy to cast--turns over very nicely and shoots well. Works well with the underhand style I've been adapting for longer belly lines.

More to follow...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts