Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, new to this forum and to speyfishing. I recently inherited a loop traditional #4 reel and was wondering if this would be a good reel for spey rod. I was looking at the cnd custom series rods in either the 7/8 or 8/9. I fish mostly NY rivers like the Salmon. Genesee and the Cattaragus. Any recommendations would be welcome. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dana, thanks for the reply. I tried to get a hold of Juro Makai to see if this reel would match up with the CND 7/8 custom but he is not available. Do you have any experience with the cnd line or know anyone else I may be able to talk to on the matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
CND CUSTOM 7/8

I recently purchased this rod and I think that for what you are looking at you may want to go up one notch to the custom 8/9. Dont get me wrong I love the 7/8 but its not what I would use as a primary one rod fits all situation. Not sure what type of fishing you will be doing with this rod but as a good all around go to ro I think you may be better off with 8/9. Good Luck and Tight Lines!

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
I'm back!

Sorry about that. Say PM me owith contact info I will call to chat.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.