Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I was reading on another thread about the Loop Blueline 7116 being the same rod as the green 8116 but with a different, stiffer tip. Does this make the rod feel faster? I understand the green lines are slightly faster than the blue.

Also, is this the same right through the range of rods. Are they the same rods but with different tip sections. If so, is it possible to get hold of the 'other' tip section to effectively have two different rods?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

J

·
0 Posts
You've got your apples mixed in with your oranges. The Blue line 7116 was changed to a Blue line 8116 by stiffening the tip a bit. The Green line rod is the 9116 and is a completely different animal. You're right in that all Green line rods are quite a bit faster than the equivalent Blue lines.

·
Registered
445 Posts
............Woburn, I have the 7116 and the 8116 Blue. I haven't had the chance to cast the 8116 yet, it feels like the tip is a little quicker, but just a little. The 7116 is a wonderful rod for tight quarters on small streams, and yet fishes well out to 80'. It's a wonderful rod. I agree with JR SPEY on the Loop Green series, they are faster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts