Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if I missed anything on this new line !

I saw a test in the Salmon & Trout Magazine on the all new Loop Quatro Spey line, has anyone tried it and can we get some ideas.
It seems that it is made for US and UK only. It is not yet for sale in Scandinavia anyway.
It had great words in above Mag.

Michael

J

·
0 Posts
As was pointed out in a recent thread, the Quattro line evidently wasn't so new and has since been discontinued. To my knowledge it was never available in the US. Someone in that same thread mentioned that the line was being updated and would be re-introduced this spring under a different name. I asked Ron of Loop USA if it would be available in the US this time, and his comment was that he certainly hoped so but didn't know for sure. The original must have had very limited exposure in selected areas of Europe.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Loop Quattro was designed by Eoin Fairgrieve. Although I don't think it was more than a couple of years old, I believe it may be being rejigged and relaunched - at least, I have seen one online shop listing a double handed line under the heading of 'Loop Products for 2004'. Eoin will no doubt be able to advise; he is now the Loop agent in the UK. Try emailing him: [email protected] speycast.co.uk

If you find out the up-to-date situation, please will you report back here?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This seems funny. In the Salmon & Trout Magazine it sounds like it is a complete new design and system. I will check with eoin in the UK and revert with any news.

Michael

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a quick reply from Eoin and he says that, the line is exactly the same as previous Loop Spey only improved on the loops.
This improved line should be available in the UK end of April 04

I suppose I will just have to wait and try.

Michael

·
Steelhead Dreamer
462 Posts
I have the 10 wt. Loop Quattro line and it is a great casting line for sink tips. I have used it with good success for 15 ft. heads to 180 grains in wt.

Glad to hear that it will be available again.

Regards,

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have used the quatro tip extensively for the last two seasons since it was introduced in the UK. I personnally prefer it to the windcutter. The belly is 2 - 4 feet longer depending on line size, the running line is slightly thicker making handling with cold fingers easier and more tangle free. It is also much more durable than the windcutter. My quatro tip is as good as new after two seasons of hard use, the windcutter tends to crack at the junction of the head and running line and I find that I need to cut the line at this point reverse the running line and resplice after one season. The junction between the head and the tips is also superior on the quatro tip, much smoother and passes through the tip ring on the rod easier. The only advantage I can think of that the windcutter has over the quatro tip is the ability to accept longer sinking tips by removing tip 2 on the belly, personnally I have never needed this facility on the rivers I fish.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The word I got from a shop here in Sweden was they should be here by the in a few weeks. No word as to how much but I've got mine on order.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts