Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Loop Team Syrstad

I fished the Loop LTS rods, reels, and lines for a week on Orkla while casting and fishing with Trond & Knut Syrstad.

These babies bend in all the right places for Scandinavian-style Spey casting; they are the product of an intensive collaboration between the Syrstad brothers in Norway and Goran Andersson in Sweden.

I cast and fished the LTS X1 and X2 in virtually all sizes except for the 17' X1. Along with the Scierra 'Henrik Mortensen Series' and the Guideline 'Le Cie,' the LTS X1 and X2 are the best rods that I have cast coming out of Scandinavia.

I don't think the website is up yet for LTS products, but should be soon. A complete listing of the product line--in Norwegian--is available via Google Search using "Loop Team Syrstad."

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hmm

they coast as much as loomis, here i scandinavia... and they are not near as good as loomis! :tsk_tsk:

G

·
I contacted the Loop North American distributor about these and was surprised that he knew almost nothing about them. I was told that it was very unlikely that Loop would have any of the LTS products at the upcoming Denver Retailer show. He seemed to think this was just a test product for Norway right now, but Tackle Trade World magazine had a two page feature article on LTS this month. Not only are there rods, but also a new series of reels and fly lines to match. The top line of rods (there are three series) was priced at 1000 Euros which is going to put it up there close to the Hardy Angel series in US$ pricing. All this, and dealers still can't get the new Evotec reels or the CLW Clear models. I've wondered if the LTS was going to be a completely different product line with perhaps a different distribution network and maybe even some different dealers. Just speculating, as both Christer Sjoberg and Reid Hagelin were prominently quoted in the article, and that's the old Loop team. Right now I'm puzzled, but will look for some answers at the show.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Wow, I wasn't expecting the LTS rods to price out that high. I would still like to try one!! Are they made from the the Grey line graphite or something new??? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Vinnie

·
Registered
328 Posts
Loop´s Custom2 shootingheads are the same as LTS Speedline Shootingheads, but different colours and a few different moddels....

·
Loop Team Finland
25 Posts
Jacob said:
Loop´s Custom2 shootingheads are the same as LTS Speedline Shootingheads, but different colours and a few different moddels....
Would you please tell me those differents between LTS lines and Loop CII lines...If you know :roll:

And what are differences between Greyline GA signature series 14,6' and X1 14,6' ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
yes i can :roll:

lts has a moddel thaht is floating whit an intemediate tip (Custom 2 has one to, but its one whit monofil core and clear tip)

then lts have a sink 1/2 :p

but it is the same lines, whit different colours and prices :roll:

·
Registered
869 Posts
i have nothing against loop and in fact we were a dealer, though we haven't carried anything in a few years. i too read that article in tackle trade and it left me puzzled as to why anyone in this country would pay that much for a rod that is clearly not backed up well. ask the dealers that carried their reels last winter when danielson bailed on them. now they claim to have totaly redone these rods with all this trial and error testing and couriers on motorcycles bringing new rods over to the river to test (?) and the splitting of hairs in the tapers. when did all this exhausting research take place, last week? it has the distinct smell of bs to my nose. yes the europeans know how to cast and i bet the rods do perform, but what happens when they go in their fourth-fifth? direction next year? with all the great dependable equipment manufacturers out there why would i give my hard earned money to a company that really doesn't produce anything but a name to put on the rod flavor of the week made by who knows? if there is anyone FROM loop out there who would like to set me straight i'm all ears.

G

·
The only thing I'll say in defense of Loop here is that the Syrstad brothers teamed up with Loop over a year ago. It became relatively well known at that time that they were designing new rods and reels for them, so this hasn't been something that's just come down the pike in the last few months. All of the LTS gear was well underway by the time of the Loop/Danielsson split. I don't doubt the time schedule may have been ramped up some after the breakup. I just don't get why this all gets released to the public if it's not going to be available for quite some time.

·
Registered
124 Posts
o_clarki_clarki said:
Wow, I wasn't expecting the LTS rods to price out that high. I would still like to try one!! Are they made from the the Grey line graphite or something new??? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)

Vinnie
Actually, the price in Norway for the top range was higher than this, although I have noticed that at least one dealer up in the Trøndelag area has been selling off stock in mid-season with a 40% discount. On our river I have yet to see anyone - other than someone who is a retailer or Loop instructor using one of these rods, although I have seen some anglers using their waders, which cost as much as a well-known US brand from Montana, without the pedigree.

What has happened in Norway this year is that "original" Loop products appear to have taken a back-seat, and LTS have been marketed to such an extent that there must be a lot of rods up in the middle/north of Norway. In the LTS brochure - 105 pages - one recognises a lot of the "old" Loop faces.

Otherwise, I notice that Scierra have obtained a greater following here in the last couple of years. Danish anglers who fish this river - and we have a lot of Danish visitors - tend to use Scierra.

Regards
Steven

1 - 11 of 11 Posts