Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone able to share thoughts on the Loop Spey lines - the windcutter-type ones with the 50-55'' bellies, not the Adapted lines?

Both the floaters and the Quattro Tip lines are being very heavily discounted by a UK retailer. At this price they seem almost irresistably attractive, but given also that the lines don't seem to appear on Loop's website, I wondered whether they have had problems with them. Or is that just my suspicious mind?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Malcolm. I've not really used a short head line - a Long Delta, a Wulff TT, an early Michael Evans line and DT's are my usual armoury.

I saw these advertised and thought it might be useful to have one either for those odd days when I find myself needing a fast sinker and brass tube, or else as a backup/loaner line - there are a couple of people I'm trying to initiate into the delights of big rod fishing. At £40 the quattro is 1/3 of the price of a Windcutter; if they are OK this seemed to me a good opportunity to get one even if I don't end up using it much myself.

I see there was a thread of 'initial reactions' on this line from Dana and Per S a month or so ago. Any further comments from either?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graham, yes, I saw them in the Fishtec catalogue (never quite untangled the Fishtec/Airflo/Tightlines thing). And yes, they're sold out!:mad:

Still, thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.