Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this rod used/as new by Fetha Styx (nice work!) and haven't had a moment to try a line on it yet. Haven't seen much discussion on this rod, not sure just why. Time will tell how friendly this rod is to my more rookie efforts.

Anyone with direct experience with this rod? I got it for fair price as a backup to my Meiser MKS 8/9. I'm working on my casting, no long belly's here.

Txs.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The rod absolutely ROCKS with a Vision 10/11 ace floating shooting head. You can cast it as a floater with any 15 ft. leader such as the Airflo polyleaders. If you want a short sinking head you can loop a RIO polyleader sinker 12' from 1.5" per sec. to the 7.0" per sec. This way you can get by with only one line for many situations. The addition of grain weight from the sinking tips does make a small difference, but the rod seems to handle nearly anything you throw at it. I also recommend the Airflo ridgeline shooting line. After trying several running lines on this rod/line combo I like the Airflo best.
The rod is Fast but forgiving. Demands a high stop, and near exclusive use of the underhand cast.
If you decide on the Vision, give the Deschutes angler a jingle. They are dealers for both Vision and Airflo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts