Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if the Ian Gordon mid head 9/10 would be to heavy for this rod, or if anybody has more experience with this rod and line choices. I already have the Rio Mid spey 8/9 and Airflow delta 9/10 (witch is a little to heavy) and im not really satisfied with these lines (not really liking the shorter heads) so i am looking for something with a longer head... 75' or longer..... and at the same time a line that wouldn't feel to heavy when fishing with tips.

·
Registered
445 Posts
...........SpeySeb,don't know the actual weight(important)of those lines,but my 13'2'' and 14' Green both like my custom 700gr Flite line. Loads and casts well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...Yeah i've been trying to find out the weight (grains)of the Ian Gordon line but can't seem to find it anywhere. I know that the Rio Midspey is about 630 grains and it works well, so my guess is that this range should be ok. My Airflow delta 9/10 is a little bit too heavy (not sure what the grains are) so i don't want to make another mistake with a new line!!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
............SpeySeb,you can't go by what the manufacturer tells you the line weighs. My Windcutter was supposed to be 585 grs. and was 625 grs. Big difference!:whoa:

·
Registered
445 Posts
............SpeySeb,Aaron,at River Run Anglers is a sponsor of this site. He has available a scale to weigh lines. If you're going to get into spey fishing,it's a worthwhile investment. He might also have lines to try,look him up!!

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
According to another of our sponsors, Jack Cook of Irish Angler, the 9/10 weighs 708 grains. This is the official spec for both the 65 and 75 foot line. Jack seems to try to put weights down for all the lines he sells on his site. Great resource

1 - 8 of 8 Posts