Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the Loop Evotech CLW. This is the composite version from the Evotech range. At around £70 it seems like a good idea, getting the Loop brake and design but without the prohibative cost of the alloy ones. There doesn't seem to be too much info on them though. Can they be changed from right to left hand or do you need a left hand version.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The 2005 modle is a nice reel, make sure thaht you get thaht one. The first series, 2004 did break in the reelfoot and reelhandle. The 2005 reels have aluminium reelfoot and better composit!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was torn between this reel and the Teton Tioga. I wimped out and went with the Tioga. They were just about the same amount of money and my local shop carries Teton. (Although I bet MJC would have sent me one to try if I asked politely. I probably should have since my local shop knows sqat about Spey and Mike has been especially helpful.)

J

·
0 Posts
I've used the CLW 8twelve for Atlantic salmon, steelhead, and I just spent a week using two of them on trophy northern pike in Alaska. As much as I've beaten them up, I've never had a problem with the reelfoot or handle. I mean I have really abused these two original models and they have performed flawlessly. Conversion from LH to RH and vice versa is about the same as it is on the old LW models. One thing I did notice was that maximum drag was less than what I'm used to, and it does not have the microadjustment of the aluminum versions. I still have not received the new versions that I've ordered. That and the Clear models should be available for shipping any time now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
CLW for sale-cheap

I have a CLW 8twelve on ebay. Only reason I'm selling is I have too many reels and bought this one on a whim. It's Unused, bought it last year. Go to:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7172261204&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts