Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI THERE ANGLERS...

I need help with a problem or in fact getting to the root of the problem. I was cleaning my loop reel last night- or rather cleaning the line and i felt the drag was too tough for stripping my line off - low and behold when i went to adjust the drag on my most beautiful reel--IT FELL OFF--now i know this is unusual because this is the best reel i have ever owned and has slowed many salmon and though i love it dearly i have probably at times been rougher than i should with it (in the heat of the moment when you've just spotted a bar of silver and you need to tie a better fly on!)I never checked to see if the screws were tight so i think and this is where you guys might be able to help - i think i have lost the locking screw which is listed as no.11 on the sheet of parts.the problem is i'm not sure if in fact that the screw was ever there as it doesn't even show it on the sheet - just a hole where the locking screw should be.. Has anyone got one to hand--or can anyone tell me how to get this back on as it just wont -stay back on-probably because the screw is missing-or do i need to do something else to get it on. I am supposed to be going salmon fishing again on friday morning and i was hoping to use this reel, i wonder if i could chance using it without the drag knob and just use my hand as a drag for the time being till i get it fixed?? In a nutshell --is there a screw missing ----If anyone can help i would be most gratefull-
yours an upset angler!!

Attachments

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
There should be a small set-screw that is tightened with an allen wrench, provided by LOOP. If you look inside and see threads, you need the screw. If you look inside and see an internal hex head, you only need the allen wrench.

Nice picture!

·
Registered
128 Posts
There should be an allen screw. My 8twelve has actually two holes with screws.

Get a new screw (or screws and stainless preferably) put it on and hit the river.

Don't know where to get those screws but maybe some store selling electronic components might be able to help you.

I replaced my originals with a bit longer ones (a friend of mine has them a work and snatched a couple of the for me).

EDIT: As Juro says (and beat me barely), if you see through the hole, you'll need a screw. Otherwise you just need to put the knob on and tighten the screw.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys one and all

for this i grant you tight lines.....!!!
Thanks again

dec:D

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
call at ph: 541.673.9810 (loop service) if need any parts or help.
Make sure you adjust the reel min. drag setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts