Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a spare spool or know of a place to purchase one. I am wanting to buy one for another line so I can switch on the go

Bill

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Was the reel made by Danielsson for Loop ( pre 2004) . Look at bottom of the frame for
Danielsson ingraving , if it is pre-2004 reel.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Spools...

I have what I believe is the first generation of the 9/13 after they split from Danielsson, and I was told "good luck" as far as finding a spool for it. I'm sure that with it being made by Danielsson, you'll do better than I did.

Anybody that reads this and has a spool for a first generation post split, please let me know!

·
Registered
482 Posts
spare spools

You might want to try and contact Danielsson directly. I purchased 2 FW 5eight spools from them after the reel went out of production. They may have old stock available.

Dealing directly with Danielsson in Sweden is not a big deal. My buddy has purchased 2 trout reels from them in the last 6 months. You may need to contact your CC company to approve the purchase overseas but he had no problems with customs. Reels arrived in about 3 weeks.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Danielsson Fly Reels still sells via website the discontinued spools, however there are only manufactured a few time a year and are subject to availability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts