Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a now discontinued Loop Evotec 8-11. I want to change it from right to left hand retrieve. I have a set of instructions but no wrench. What kind and size of wrench is used to free the drag knob? I tried a couple small allen wrenches for fit but the ones I have don't fit correctly ( I don't have a serious collection of these, but I tried what I have and the reel doesn't seem to want to take a standard hex head wrench).

Also, is it true that only a half turn of the clicker screw on the hub cover will turn off the clicker?

Thanks for any help!

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Moose,

not too sure dude, however; ron larson takes care of all my Loop reels that need adjustment or repairs. I can't find his number or email, but when i do i will post or email them to you.

vinnie

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
You have to use wrench in metric system. If you can’t find I suggest to contact Ron Larson and he will send you the wrench. The same wrench will serve all LW and FW reels. I have several of these wrenches.

If you will experience any problem during the change let me know and will be more then glad to help you ( e-mail, phone).
When setting back the drag knob is it important to press it with you finger before you tight the screws in order to seal the drag. There is a silicone o-ring seal on the inside of the drag knob.

Salmo

·
Registered
445 Posts
...........Moose, you can reach Ron Larson(Loop/Danielsson)at 541.673.9810, and fax at 541.673.3810. You won't find a better guy to deal with!! And you'll love that reel!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Moose,
I have more Loop Evotecs than is probably healthy (5 reels) and bought all of them new. I've still got all original boxes and paperwork, so have as a result got spare wrenches. If you PM or email me with your address I'll photocopy the instructions for my LW 8twelve and put them in the post to you with a wrench.
Nick :D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Where Else

would you get this type of support. Is there any doubt this site is worth more than the cost of its support?!!!!

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!

Salmonick, very kind of you! Sent you a PM.

Ted, yes, the 40 bucks I paid for my Speypages membership is probably the best 40 spey related dollars I've spent yet! The returns are immeasureable, especially in the friendships gained!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts