Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the plunge and purchased the loop cross 6pc travel rod as I need a travel rod as a back up rod for trips to Scotland and Argentina. I have heard great things about this rod but mainly with scandi's. I would appreciate any comments on lines for this rod whether Scandi, spey or especially skagit.
I have looked at older posts and they don't really give enough detail.
Any comments appreciated

·
Registered
564 Posts
Can't help you with specific lines, but I think you make a good choice here. Those Cross S1 travel rods are just the thing for air travel these days, and from what I've read they are great casters without any issues with the 6 pieces.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I cast it with an old RIO skagit 450 (27' head) and it was fun, nice for touch and go casts for a skagit, would like to try it with a shorter head in the same grain!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good choice, I think:chuckle:
I just bought myself my first Loop Cross S1 13,6ft #9 6 piece this week and will try some lines next week. I've got a lot of Loop rods and I like them very much but the price of this rod kept me thinking for a few months.

For my Vision SIKS 13,4ft #7 6 piece I like the Airflo Skagit Short 480 grain the most or for a Scandi I use the 480 grain compact from Airflo.

For your rod Loops advise is 7122-6 MC/MF is 27gr or 416 grain. I know that Loop is always on the low side with there weights so if you try a 450grain this will match.

Greetz Ochi

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good choice, I think:chuckle:
I just bought myself my first Loop Cross S1 13,6ft #9 6 piece this week and will try some lines next week. I've got a lot of Loop rods and I like them very much but the price of this rod kept me thinking for a few months.

For my Vision SIKS 13,4ft #7 6 piece I like the Airflo Skagit Short 480 grain the most or for a Scandi I use the 480 grain compact from Airflo.

For your rod Loops advise is 7122-6 MC/MF is 27gr or 416 grain. I know that Loop is always on the low side with there weights so if you try a 450grain this will match.

Greetz Ochi
Thanks, looks like a good starting point. I am hoping the rod will cope with an Airflo skagit compact 510

1 - 6 of 6 Posts