Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Loop Classic 8/11. For my money, it appears to be on of the best looking, and most functional, reels on the market today. I have had one reaccuring (and annoying) problem with it.

Occassionally, the clicker pawl sticks. The result is that the reel doesn't produce any sound (reeling in OR pulling out). This is esspecially frustrating because there doesn't seem to be any ryhmn or reason as to when it happens. Also, I'm very fond of how the reel sounds - it is kind of emasculated without that roaring clicker.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, I would appreciate any wisdom/advice you might have. I don't mean any slight against Loop through this post - by in large the reel has been wonderful thus far. Can't wait to actually land a fish with it.

Best, Eric

·
Registered
234 Posts
haven't had a chance to use mine except playing with it..but i wpuld bring it back to the shop where u bought it and see what is wrong with your clicker

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sounds though you are lucky. The clicker sound really cheapens the reel, that and the all metal handle

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Abito gives good advice--I have subjected my Classics to all sorts of abuse (some highlights to appear on the Speypages DVD!), and after I read this post I got them out and reefed on them as hard as I could for over 100 times each and have had zero problems with the clicker (or anything else). Haven't fished with them yet but hope to subject them to further abuse from steelhead and Atlantic salmon in the next 6 weeks with reports to follow.

Take the reel back and have the shop replace the clicker or exchange the reel for you.

·
Recently Spey'd
816 Posts
I just picked up a 10/13.:D
I also haven't fished it but will soon. Hope everything works out for you.
Keep us posted with the solution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the thoughts/advice. When I mentioned the problem to my buddy in the shop, he said that the problem would be difficult to fix because the inner workings of the reel are: 1) very complex and 2) very hard to get to. Thus, I didn't bring it back to the shop.

I also haven't contacted Loop yet becuase I am under the impression that they don't really have a US office. If I am wrong about this, I would appreciate a correction. Otherwise, I think I'll live with the problem rather than send the reel back to Sweden (and then to Korea).

eric

·
Registered
234 Posts
umm, why wouldn't the shop where u bought it take care of the problem? who cares if the inner workings of the reel is complex?? if it's under warrenty( should be as the reel just came out on the market) the shop where you bought should take care of it and not telling you the inner workings of the reel is really complex.

G

·
However, it is not the responsibility of the shop that sold it to repair it. In fact, many times we are instructed by the companies to not do anything except relatively simple fixes. It is, however, the responsibility of the dealer to find a solution. They should have informed Vosso that the North
American distibutor is Fly Angler Distributing, Inc. in Surrey, B.C. Their phone is 604.501.0565 and the e-mail is [email protected]. Talk to Rob or Francois and they'll give you an adequate fix to your problem. It'll almost certainly involve returning the reel to them, but they'll get you fixed up as quickly as they possibly can.

·
Registered
328 Posts
most functional? Shure, the Loop Classic is a quite nice reel for the money... but it dont have the looks of a Vom Hofe, Bogdan, Maurice Noel, Zwarg or any other classic... and the functional part... buy a Danielsson, cheeper and better.... :smokin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts