Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say, this is one amazing rod. I've never used a spey rod before but after a short lesson from the Michael and Young staff I tried the loop out. Day 1 was on the Vedder river a couple weeks ago, the rod was easy to feel out and work with, it handled the odd Pink and a 5lbs coho nicely. Day 2 was on the Chehalis river, water was very very low but I did find a nice area to cast, with out knowing what I was doing I was easilly moving 60-70 feet of line, I hooked into one big spring that spooled me in mere seconds. Today I was on the vedder river, water levels are about 10 - 12 feet higher than they were a week ago. There was no room to cast but I managed a few roll casts and hooked into 3 largish springs, one 13inch Jack spring and I ended the day with a 16lbs hatchery coho. Even though I didn't bring anything home I had a grand day (except for the two bee stings).

The Loop rod is nothing short of amazing, I'm very very pleased with it and would fully endorse it to anyone considering a 9wt spey rod.

Doug

1 - 1 of 1 Posts