Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
1st post newbie here.
Need some advice on Loop salmon rods and a loop reel.
I have the chance to buy a loop salmon rod and reel from a guy who is packing in the salmon fishing. The rod is the blue line 15' and the reel the loop traditional 3W.
Has anyone out there used any of these models? Are they any good?
I've been spey casting with a Diawa Lochmor 15' and getting along okay with it. Is buying a more expensive rod going to change anything? Might seem a strange question but I'm trying to work out if I can justify buying another rod. I've only ever fished Diawa salmon rods and haven't even had a cast of any other make.
Thanks in advance.

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
I found the Blue line 15' 10 wt I used to be simply a great rod! Extremely powerful, fun to cast. I really don't need a 15' 10wt for any of my fishing, or I would have kept it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd have thought that the 3W would be a little bit light for the 15' blue. Beautiful reels though, great fun to catch fish on.
If you know the guy who's selling the rod why don't you ask him if you could try it out first, you might find you love it or hate it, and it would be a shame to spend money on something if its no better than your own for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.