Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

After trying many lines, and I mean many, for my 1356 Meiz rod, I have decided on the Loop adapted line system. To be exact, the 8-9 long, low float in an olive color and weighing in at 432 grains. I picked up a new one from Aaron after a few months of toying with lines. It meshes nicely with Mr. Joshua (the rod named after my son), and works well with tips.

Other lines I have tried were the Airflo 40+, Hardy Mach1+ 8/9 and 9/10, RIO W/C's and midspeys. Does anyone else use the Loop adapted lines?

I am quite impressed with them. A big thank you to Aaron for guiding me on line grains and also thanks to Meiz and Homer for their assistance.

Vinnie

J

·
0 Posts
The Loop Adapted lines are almost all I use any more. Loop rods, in particular, seem to cast these far better than any other line I've tried. I recently picked up a Loop Quattro and plan to use it extensively on an upcoming trip to the Miramichi, but my Adapted heads will be along, too. The 13' Grey Line with the Adapted heads for a 13 footer and a Polyshoot running line casts far longer than I ever need for fishing purposes.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, someone actually replied to one of my posts. :eek: hehehe

I agree with the polyshoot adn the heads, good distance is to be had! Tight lines on the Miramichi!

Vinnie

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
The Loop Adapted lines work very well on Meiser's 13'6" 8/9 rod. I use the Intermediate and Fast Sink 9/10 for 13' rods. Aaron was very helpful in making these choises. We in the Seattle area are very fortunate to have a resource like Aaron to try rod and line combinations. We can go to Carnation and try rod/line combinations on the water.

Rich

·
Registered
24 Posts
Loop Adapted

Is the Loop Adapted for a double hander line a true spey line or a modified WF? I cannot seem to find any data on the line profile of this product.

Many thanks,

J

·
0 Posts
It's a Scandinavian shooting head. Originally, the theory was that they took their Custom shooting head and made the cut at exactly the right length to make a 100% efficient rod/line combo for the Loop color series rods. They then called that line, with the rear welded loop already installed, the Adapted Line. Obviously, the line may not be 100% efficient with other brands of rods with the same general length, nor does every caster feel that the Adapted Line that Loop feels is best with a rod fits their style. It's usually very close, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts