Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Here is some info I have. You had better not be making plans for my Meiser Switch Rod with these lines.

LOOP ADAPTED LINE 8/9 F 33.75 FT 478 grains

LOOP ADAPTED LINE 9/10 (A) F 34.75 FT 456 grains

LOOP ADAPTED LINE 9/10 (B) F A heavier version 9/10 I don't have the specs for this one

LOOP ADAPTED LINE 10/11 F 36.4 FT 618 grains

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DLoop said:
You had better not be making plans for my Meiser Switch Rod with these lines.

Oh, well, umm, then never mind. :chuckle:

Actually it's for "MY" Meiser 1356. I was hoping the 7/8 Adapted wouldn't be too heavy for it. Want an underhand, shooting head system for it. I may have to build one, but I'm betting that the 7/8 Adapted and Loop poly tips will work. It's already an awesome long belly rod with a slightly modified XLT and throws short (Delta, WC) and mid belly lines. I have a feeling it will round out the spectrum and shine as an underhand tool with the right line.

·
Banned
501 Posts
8/9 has 406 gr not 478, otherwise it would be heavier then 9/10.
I would like to stress that each adapted line has to be connected to 9-10 ' polyleader which weights 45-80 gr depending on sinking rate.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bolen, I'm sure your information is more current. My loop heads are almost 1.5 years old, and my notes show there were two versions of the 9/10 at the time. Maybe someone (speybum?) can comment if they renumbered their lines around then. I also have a 10/11 adapted head as well but I don't see it on their site any longer.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
loophitech said:
i know the adapted line 8/9 low float is 432 grains and that is what i use on the 1356 and is quite a nice matchup with tips, for sure.

vinnie
Vin, do you find that the low float and sinking poly tips gets down deep enough to not need the full sinking line for most fishing? Did you shell out for Loops running line or are you using something else? I'm wondering if I'd be happy just buying the Adapted head, using my Airflo Polyshoot XT running line and the Airflo 10' poly leaders I already have. Sounds like it wouldn't matter, but you never know.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
howdy moose,

i'm using airflo's polyshoot XT running line as well and find it easy to shoot shoot and has low memory. i just bought the loop head only adn use tips from other RIO lines as well the airflo tips from delta long 7/8, save you a TON of money!!

99% percent of the time i am just using a tip and a short leader. the low float with a tip and then a poly leader really gets down where I fish in the salt, sometimes to much if the tide is starting to slack. so depending on the tide and or river height that will dictate what i use, mostly just the tip and short leader.

as for tips, i have thrown a 15' t-14 when the rivers are very high and had no problems casting this on the 1356, a total of 642 grains and the rod barely flinched! this is one versatile rod Meiz made!!

i hope this helps,

vinnie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts