Spey Pages banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loop doesn't publish the weights of their shooting heads or at least I have been unable to find them.

I have the 8/9 Adapted Kit (ADHKIT124): Float 404 gr; Float/Int 404 gr; SlowSink 426 gr; FastSink 436 gr.

I would like to have the weights of the 7/8 heads (ADHKIT116), the 9/10 short (ADHKIT132), 9/10 long (ADHKIT140), and 10/11 (ADHKIT150). If anyone has any of these lines a post with the weights would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still a bit mystified about why some manufactures refuse to publish this information. Thanks for any help.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
10/11

I'm pretty sure the 10/11 low float standard is 630 or 660.630 is more likely the number for the standard and 660 for the low float long

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm a little surprised that there aren't a few more people out there with Loop lines & a grain scale. My thanks to the only 2 responders. I decided to go ahead with getting the ADH140 kit. Here are the weights for those heads: Float 460 gr; Sink tip 455 gr; Slow Sink 485 gr; Fast Sink 489 gr.

Still interested in the other numbers if there are Loop users out there!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Jay Beckstead said:
I'm a little surprised that there aren't a few more people out there with Loop lines & a grain scale. My thanks to the only 2 responders. I decided to go ahead with getting the ADH140 kit. Here are the weights for those heads: Float 460 gr; Sink tip 455 gr; Slow Sink 485 gr; Fast Sink 489 gr.

Still interested in the other numbers if there are Loop users out there!
Adapted double-hand lines for 15-16ft rods #10-11
ADH150LF (low float) 602grain 38.7ft
ADH150FI (Sink Tip) 38.0ft
ADH150LF-L (low float long) 40.7ft
ADH150FI-L (Sink Tip long) 39.3ft
ADH150CI (Clear intermediate) 36.7ft
ADH150SS (Slow sink) 602grain 36.7ft
ADH150FS (Fast sink) 34.1ft

Adapted lines are not my first choice in short lines. I prefer the Loop Custom lines or Custom II lines. Usually for 15-16ft rods 10-11 approximately 38-42ft 520-600grains for underhand-casting leaders 15-20ft. Custom II lines have a longer front taper than the regular Custom line, perfect for smaller flies (4-10). Shorter leader for bigger flies on the C II or use the regular Custom instead.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Man oh man,those Loop lines are expensive.I've been pricing some them out.Why are they so expensive?Cause they're from Sweden?Maybe Dana could answer on this one.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Don't know why they are priced as they are. Like all lines for two-handed rods, LOOP's lines are specialty items and more expensive than lines for single handers, but it's kinda tough to comment on these sorts of things without detailed knowledge of the pricing process. Generally each manufacturer sets their product prices in response to various market forces, R&D costs, manufacturing costs, advertising, shipping and distribution, import costs, the expectation of a reasonable profit, etc. I believe LOOP's lines are shipped into North America from Sweden.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Dana,thanx for getting back to me.I priced out the Custom II shooting heads at $110 Can. and the Multi-Tip line at $160.That's crazy.The Adapted head was more reasonable at $60 Can.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry Dana,I stand to be corrected.The line is the Multi Purpose taper and it is available in both single hand and double hand full line length versions at a $160 Can.The Quattro Tip has the four interchangeable tips.No idea on the price on that line.

·
Registered
378 Posts
The 'multi' is probably the easiest casting short headed dry line out there-even though the price is steep we seem to sell them to anyone who has tried one.

Brian Niska

1 - 12 of 12 Posts