Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Sebastion, I was'nt going to bother posting to your previous post as I figu red that there were people a lot more qualified than I to answer questions re: lLoop rods. It appears that after the first couple of responses everyone went off on their own tangent so I will see if I can help. :eek: I have only fished this rod as a demo for one day. I fished a SA Mastery Spey 10/11 on it and it appeared to handle it well. It could handle the whole head (961 grns. including the rear taper) without any problem. I felt that the rod was suited to a shorter head ( the 10/11 is 84 ft. to the back end) but the weight was OK. IMHO for a midhead the SA 9/10 at 855 grns. would prob be Ok or maybe a Rio midspey 10/11 at 875 grns. . For a short head the SA 9/10 at 852 grns. or the windcutter 10/11/12 at 740 grns. should do the job. Bear in mind that this is all based on one days fishing (a good day if I remember correctly) and that I might be a tad heavy based on your casting style etc. But I feel that you are definetly way underlined with an 8/9 midspey. I hoped that someone with more exp. with this rod had jumped in but for whatever it is worth I hope this helps.
Ramsay

·
Registered
344 Posts
I also think the Rio 8/9 Midspey would be too light for the Loop 9140 green, but it IS one of Rio's line recommendations for that rod. I think the 10/11 would definitely be too heavy. Again, my experiences are based on the 9132 green, but I have a fair amount of experience with that rod, and the 9140 is not supposed to be too different.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts