Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried a new grandspey in 9/10 on this rod. i was thinking there has to be much info on this forum with this rod with long bellies. casted a snowbee in 11/12 on it and its a cannon with this line. hopefully dana will have some time for some info on this rod as far as lines. thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
15ft blue

hi scottd ,
this rod was the one we used (whistler and I ) at last year spey-o-rama.
After trying many lines , our best line on it was a short head spey s.a. 11-12 line ...loads beautiful...try it!

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
i did not try long lines on this rod, however, i used the Loop Adapted line floater with tips and it was a match made in heaven, no doubt!

Vinnie

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Scott,

this rod is one of my most used LOOPs and the rod I used for my THCI. It is a great big water, long cast, big fish two-hander that I use on the Thompson a lot. I've tried a bunch of lines on it. For long bellies I like the original GrandSpey 8/9 and the new GrandSpey 9/10; XLT 8/9; Carron Jetstream 10/11; SA Spey 9/10 (75ft head); the Snowbee you mentioned (11/12); Accelerator 9/10, plus a bunch of custom lines.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Frenchy your memory is not so good. The line was a prototype for the mid belly SA line. I believe it was the 9/10 that cast the best though the 10/11 was pretty good too. An 11/12 would definately overload. The line that you cast in the comp was the 10/11 short belly. I think I used the 9/10 short belly as I wasn't sure if the longer bellied line(mid belly) was legit by the rules as it was marked as a test line. Looking forward to fishing with you in June.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts