Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just spent two days casting and fishing the new speys.........WOW!!!!!!
Not only are they gorgeous, with incredible grips and a reel seat that will fit even the old Hardy`s reel foot that many use, but they cast awsome.
All of the rods will cast in all the styles of spey but when the rods are matched up to their specified action with right line and style ( ie scandi stinger with under hand style and scandi head, skagit dredger with skagit line and style and traditional greased line with long bellies and long stroke, etc.) They really shine, lazer loops with out the tank track or dip in the loop that can rob potential distance and power, loop wouldnt even be the right word but rather wedge would more accuratlly describe it. They feel light in the hand and fish nicely showing the caster much love.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
62 Posts
loomis sweetness

so, can you be a little more specific/descriptive on the strengths/differences between the glx and kispiox models??

·
Registered
62 Posts
fisshman26 said:
All of the rods will cast in all the styles of spey but when the rods are matched up to their specified action with right line and style ( ie scandi stinger with under hand style and scandi head, skagit dredger with skagit line and style and traditional greased line with long bellies and long stroke, etc.)
Did you (or anyone from Gloomis pro staff) try Greased Line series with the shooting heads or short belly lines like Delta spey?
Just waiting for the line recommendations for these rods...
So any info is wellcome.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did try the delta long on a couple of the greased liners, worked very nice, they will handle all ranges of lines but as stated when used with the specific line and cast they are outstanding.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Hi finnsalmo
The info your looking for is in the new Loomis brochure.
Also Dana will be posting all the line/rod data soon on the site here.
If you don't have the brochure send me a pm and I will send you the info your looking for.
Regards Speyladdie :smokin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I,d be very interested in hearing about rods and matching lines that fit - big river/heavy currents( Red River Manitoba) /limited casting room/heavy patterns- read skagit/scando casting- line setups / bigish fish 30-40 lb catfish/30 40 lb carp- the addiction has taken hold -my old 70,s Farlow 14 ft 10 wt glass rod may have to be passed along to the - " left to the kids" part of the will:))))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts