Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw mention recently of a Loomis 17'? Anyone cast it yet? Would one of the Loomis reps might know when it will be available and at what price? Inquiring minds need to know.....

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,195 Posts
I have had this amazing stick in my hot little hands for the last three weeks or so, and cant seem to put it down! It will lift an incredible amount of line and is lighter than other rods in the same length class but without the wimpy tip that some have. As for price best to check with your local Loomis dealer, but it is available now.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,195 Posts
Out of the box a xlt #9 would be my choice, but prefer some of my longer custom lines, as I said this rod will pick alot of line.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Guys,

Sorry for getting in on this post at such a late date...attached are some pictures from a recent trip to the Thompson...This river was built for the 17 footer...As Bruce stated...the rod will do a very admirable job of picking and casting a long belly line...It was designed to load well at 80-85' of a 10/11 long belly, or 90-95' belly of a 9/10. Bruce is an exceptional caster capable of carrying and casting much longer lines, therefore, I believe his preference for an XLT 9/10 out of the box...during my trip to the Thompson, I was actually using an xlt 8/9 cut for tips, and this rod truly excells. While certainly not necessary for many rivers, I was able to cover and hook fish at my maximum casting distances..I hope everyone has the opportunity to fish and enjoy this rod as much as I have..and yes, it will make an appearance at the Musto this year, but may be in a longer big brother version...sorry again for the late reply.
Best Regards,
steve

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry, I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out the picture uploads, by they just wouldn't attach..
steve

·
Registered
562 Posts
Lastcaststeve,
Do you know of anyone who tried the Loomis 16' or 17' with a midbelly range line ?

Gillie

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
2,195 Posts
Gillie, the 17ft casts well with either the delta or delta long in the 10/11 line size. The Delta long that I tried was a multi tip and worked really well for tips.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.