Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both Abel's are sold pending funds. They're gonna be traveling the globe in search of Atlantics. EXACTLY where they should be!

The Rod is still available...

Listing my Loomis 17' 10/11 GLX Greased Line with original sock and tube. Rod is in fantastic shape and features a complete grip / seat upgrade by Steve Godshall. The GLX series suffered with inferior cork at times and this rod was a perfect candidate for Steve's expertise. Top of the line components and Steve's eye for cosmetics and functionality took it far beyond the next level. The rod includes the original Loomis sock and tube. I've cast this with a Nextcast FF70 10/11 and it's a perfect match. Have also lined it with a Carron 95' 10/11 and a Vector XL 10/11. The pics below are the rod as it was received from Steve and it still looks like this with the addition of very slight soiling from the bit of casting and fishing I've done with it. Rod has been fished a few days for couple / few hours a day and lawn cast a bit beyond that. My primary rod to this point has been a 15'er so this was a toy to break out and have a little fun. Casts the Nextcast in to the next county. I've matched the rod with a pair of Abel BG#5's and they balance it perfectly and are absolutely gorgeous on it. Both are full of backing and it will be included.

Ideally someone is interested in the package as it all works extremely well together. However, I'd sell just the rod at $595 shipped and Paypal'd CONUS. If someone wants a reel as well I'd do a package of $895 shipped and Paypal'd CONUS for the rod and one of the reels. The second reel would be available as well for another $275. Rod and both reels...$1170 shipped & Paypal'd CONUS. I'm happy to ship this elsewhere for shipping difference. I like the idea of the pair of reels as one is lined with the FF70 and the other with the Vector XL 10/11. Lots of flexibility when dealing with integrated lines and heads. The reel(s) will include the Abel reel case (wraps around reel and reel seat when on rod). The reels are both in wonderful condition and both are LHW with the silky smooth Abel draw bar cork drags.

This is the Flickr album with the larger pics https://flic.kr/s/aHsm5poSgk

Please feel free to PM with any questions...thanks. Wonderful combination, but with my recent binge, something's gotta go.

*This is not a need funds sale for me...more of a guilt reduction effort. I'm happy to work with someone to help them get in to the package. Would involve some upfront funds and the balance in an agreed upon time frame. I'm easy...would just as soon see it all find a good home. If it doesn't sell for some reason, I'll be off the hook and it'll head to the CW with me this fall.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Felt like yesterday you got this. Where did you fish it?

Great pictures

Also . . .

What else are you considering parting with to absolve your guilt ^^

:grin2:

That single engine won't build itself mate! :wink2:

·
Administrator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Felt like yesterday you got this. Where did you fish it?

Great pictures

Also . . .

What else are you considering parting with to absolve your guilt ^^

:grin2:

That single engine won't build itself mate! :wink2:
Fished it last fall on the CW. I think this is the only rod I'll list and if it doesn't find a new home that'll be ok. I hear you on the Cub...in time.

***Would consider a trade of some sort involving a 4 1/4" Saracione Mark IV or a Farlex 4" LHW S Handle.

·
Administrator
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Any chance the lines come with the toy set?
They are all available and could be worked in to the deal, but can't throw them in at this price. I have a good bit of money in the lines (the Carron $150, the FF70 $99 and the Vector $110). The Nextcast has been fished a few hours, the Carron cast a half hour or so and the Vector may not have seen water. Each was purchased new in the past 18 months. I'd guess there's easily $225 in lines if I were to list them. I didn't list them as some may be useable for another rod. But, let's talk if you're interested. I started off with a SA Distance Spey 10/11 and believe I still have that line available...70' head. I'd throw that line in and it's in great shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts