Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been fishing this echo for several years now but like all things time for a change as I'm going to pass it down to my son to use. Just curious what your thoughts are as to an upgrade. I read so many different opinions not sure where to land. Looking for an upgrade but with similar tendencies as I still love this rod and the fish mojo has been there since day 1. Thanks for any input.

Tight lines

· Fish Whisperer
270 Posts
Following as I'm in an identical situation with my 2 boys who have basically claimed my 13' 7 wt and 13'4" 8 wt E3s as their own. I love the action on both of those rods with Scandi and Rage lines and have yet find suitable replacements even though I have test drove more expensive rods owned by friends

· Registered
366 Posts
I fished Echos my first ten years. Don't regret a minute of it. But when I was ready to upgrade a few years ago I got a Meiser or three and found the transition smooth. Very similar action, just a lot nicer recovery and less wobble. Highly suggest getting a basic Meiser rod that covers your needs. And unlike Echo rods, Meisers tend to hold their value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts