Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heck…. who's not!

I put up a sbs the other day, http://www.speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=119137 (you have to scroll down a bit to find it), and was overwhelmed with the response, pm after pm, flooding the inbox.* All wanting to know about things we use here at the South Lima Steelhead Society.** The strongest response was directed at some of the unique, hand crafted tying tools I've developed, and folks wanting to get their hands on them. So, before a national launch, I decided to put together a tight team of pros, to get the word out, do some vids, all the cool stuff. So let me know- I'm offering these sweet, individually crafted tools for a pro deal price of 68% off retail- each is available for a pro price of $17.43, or the whole set of four for $76.14, plus shipping and handling.

So, first up, the tool that started me on this path, The South Lima Steelhead Society Professional Bodkin. Carefully crafted from synthetic cork, chosen and shaped for long hours at the vice, and some really nice wire.

*OK, Overwhelmed might be over stating it a bit. A few…. well, a couple. OK, OK, nobody wrote. But I'm trying to come up with some dinero for a new rod, and well, …….never mind.

** We. Hmmm….. that might be a little bold. I'm the only member. Hey- South Lima is a really small town. Filled with farmers….

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next up is our sweet South Lima Steelhead Society Professional Dubbing Brush, really a requirement for those fluffed fur bodies we like in both the classics and contemporary patterns. This tool is carefully crafted from ergonomically shaped wooden handles and organic velcro harvested in Guatemala.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now you're catching on, you can see where this is going. A full set of tools, carefully crafted from the finest materials, affordably priced, to put you on the cutting edge of tying.

Next, The South Lima Steelhead Society Professional Tweaking Brush- well, we just call it the SLSSPTB, just rolls off the tongue. You may want two, one for the natural furs, and another for synthetics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
And finally, I think you'll agree, this one is really off the charts- The South Lima Steelhead Society BoPeep Dubbing Twister. Who needs an acronym with a name like that? Indispensable when your twisting up a nice dubbing brush of seal for your next classic, and once you've used this little baby to build the shoulders on your Intruders, well, you'll never want to be without one. You can order with any of a number of handle colors to really personalize the look of your tools.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So there you have it. Tiers of all ages and abilities will find these bring their tying game to the next level. Don't miss out on this exclusive offer to Spey Pages members…… and make sure you get your buddies a set too- you know how they tend to low hole when their knickers are in a bitter twist.:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I'm a little more 'aggressive' with my dubbing brush.

But the flies are for warm water Sharks. An old BBQ cleaning brush does the trick and adds 'scent' to the final tie.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I've been told that the finest Velcro for brushes comes from Spain. Everything else is a cheap knockoff.

From Sweet, ID - steelhead capital of the world

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Maybe next season if I train really hard I could make your pro team. Ill be practicing here all day long. probably for a year or so. I really want that bodkin.

·
FISHIN' FREELANCER
1,425 Posts
I'm interested, but would like to see more grain weights available and especially offered in shorter lengths.. for flies to be fished on my switch rods :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Now I see why my flies are always lacking a bit compared to the fine specimens frequently displayed here. I clearly don't have all the right tools! If only my skills were up to the "pro level", but alas I'm afraid that your high end tools are a bit out of my financial means. Now I'm off in search of some duct tape...
JB

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I used to be part of the South Lima Bean Society. Not Old Dixie south, btw...but southern Oregon coast south.

Hey, it wasn't a big group, but we like our legumes.

Do I get a discount?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
should it not be south lima adfluvial rainbow society? SLARS
jake, jake, jake…. let's not turn this into an east/west thing… as a misplaced, proud son of Oregon, I know which side of the the steelhead is buttered…well, you know what I mean… what?

I'm trying to fund some cane here, let's just get on board and help a brother out. I'll be glad you did.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Once you've gone into full production, perhaps you could branch out and make a set for us South Paws! although the current bodkin model looks as if it could be adaptable, with setting a extra few bends for the left hander ;)

Mike

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds great! Where do I sign up and who do I make the cheque out to? :chuckle:
Rusty, just make that check out to South Lima Steelhead Society, and send it along to South Lima, NY. There's only about 12 houses here, it'll make it.

But the flies are for warm water Sharks. An old BBQ cleaning brush does the trick and adds 'scent' to the final tie.
Freddy, baby…. I admire your ingenuity, but scented flies? The bar is set higher than that here in South Lima.

Are you going to bring a set we can raffle off at spey nation? Next to the BC trip, this would be a ticket magnet.
Shaq- I wish I could- the chance to introduce these select tools in person- well, just wow. But demand has been too hot. Hot, hot, hot. I just don't have the inventory available to make it happen, let's see where I'm at next year.

I've been told that the finest Velcro for brushes comes from Spain. Everything else is a cheap knockoff.

From Sweet, ID - steelhead capital of the world
Funny you should bring that up Mid- the root stock of our velcro fields was transported to the mountains of Guatemala by Sancho de Mykiss on his exploratory mission in 1643. Your Spanish thinking is a little outdated I'm afraid. The rainfall, exposure, and rich alluvial soils have made the velcro we use the envy of the entire market- particularly in demand for tactical holsters and old folks sneakers, but we slid in and cornered the market.

And as a graduate of St. Paul's Elementary in Nampa, ID, I know full well the location of the steelhead capital of the world. I'm just a misplaced spey fisherman, manning this lonely outpost amidst the muck farmland of South Lima.

I'd help you out but all the folks I fish with don't care for such high quality products. Let me know when you "lower your sights".
C'mon, GB, you know it's time to up your game!

Maybe next season if I train really hard I could make your pro team. Ill be practicing here all day long. probably for a year or so. I really want that bodkin.
Zilly, the false modesty may work at the corner bar, but this is the big boys club. Own it. You got game! We'd love to have you on board- just send me a check.

do you have any with blue logos? or maybe red?
...i hear red really POPS in photos
I'm off to Staples to pick up some specialty sharp…. er, tools, BigCat! You're on to something- our tools will really shine with your video skills. You can put up some sweet tying vids, using slow-mo and that sweet razzle dazzle of only one color showing in a monochromatic image. Oh man, with your skills behind the camera, I may have to bring on extra help to meet demand. It's gonna get crazy here in South Lima.

I'm interested, but would like to see more grain weights available and especially offered in shorter lengths.. for flies to be fished on my switch rods :)
gunner, I can mix and mash a metaphor with the worst of them, but you confused me….

Now I see why my flies are always lacking a bit compared to the fine specimens frequently displayed here. I clearly don't have all the right tools! If only my skills were up to the "pro level", but alas I'm afraid that your high end tools are a bit out of my financial means. Now I'm off in search of some duct tape...
JB
Jason, we offer several payment options, many made popular by the big banks about 6 years ago. I'm sure we can work something out. Just forward your bank transfer numbers.

And ahhh…. ixnay on the uctdtapesay…..

I used to be part of the South Lima Bean Society. Not Old Dixie south, btw...but southern Oregon coast south.

Hey, it wasn't a big group, but we like our legumes.

Do I get a discount?
Moe- Bill and Mary Lou… the Beans, live across the street. They are actually the thing that makes this place special. And they farm. Beans amongst other things. If they'll vouch for you, I'll see what we can work out. I have to be careful, you know, running a business over the inter webs leaves you exposed to all sorts of scammers and charlatans.

does the bodkin come with a chinstrap?
Tap, you sound dangerous. We should probably fish together.

And oh man- I gotta get to work on my SLSS Safety glasses!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts