Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of what I could do videos about to help with your casting 馃

Boulder garden
Nothing better than practice, but a Birds eye view with a GoPro illustrating your pickup and delivery might help. I鈥檓 not a big fan of the GOPros, crap imo. Hopefully there is something better out there.
I鈥檝e noticed the importance of a strong body rotation right after the pickup (lift) reserving( enabling) the arms to be somewhat neutral and get into the proper position for maximum power and efficiency for the forward cast. I am armzy and after watching proper technic realize my torso turn is gonna be key to my progression. Doesn鈥檛 help my back is shot after 35 of carpentry I also need a river a lot closer than 6 hr round trip. A backho and a glacier is on my wishlist
Thanks Bruce
Sean

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing better than practice, but a Birds eye view with a GoPro illustrating your pickup and delivery might help. I鈥檓 not a big fan of the GOPros, crap imo. Hopefully there is something better out there.
I鈥檝e noticed the importance of a strong body rotation right after the pickup (lift) reserving( enabling) the arms to be somewhat neutral and get into the proper position for maximum power and efficiency for the forward cast. I am armzy and after watching proper technic realize my torso turn is gonna be key to my progression. Doesn鈥檛 help my back is shot after 35 of carpentry I also need a river a lot closer than 6 hr round trip. A backho and a glacier is on my wishlist
Thanks Bruce
Sean
It鈥檚 not in the hips or the torso 馃槒
I鈥檝e done these ones already of the birdseye view of the lifts and of the cast itself is there anything more specific you would want from those?

Reactions: JohnQ.u

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bruce if you had a drone with a camera that could take overhead shots of the lift turn and cast it would be great
That will be happening on the new series I鈥檓 doing for Swingthefly this spring

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tricks on how to get farther casts, casting 60' + lines from above waist deep water.
Thanks!
Well distance is a by product of good casting there really are no tricks other than putting the time in to get better and using mono 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been struggling with my left hand up, cack-handed Snake Roll ... any pointers?

Mike
That one is easy don鈥檛 fish or cast anything but left hand up for two months 馃槑

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bottom hand engagement on the backstroke / back cast.
How much and when to use it and what happens when you don't use the bottom hand on the back cast.
Use enough to keep tension not anymore this one should help but will be covered more on the upcoming series on Swingthefly

Registered
Meiser, Sage, Vision, Speyco, Hardy, Young
Use enough to keep tension not anymore this one should help but will be covered more on the upcoming series on Swingthefly
Thanks Bruce, I have seen this video before and somehow forgot about it. Appreciate you reposting. Thanks for taking the time to help all of us with casting issues.

Registered
Well distance is a by product of good casting there really are no tricks other than putting the time in to get better and using mono 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
Absolutely agree! Thanks for the help as always! But since you asked, I wouldn't mind seeing more videos of good casters casting longer lines from the deep!
Appreciate the vids you and others put out there already. Such a great resource to learn from. Looking forward to seeing more!
Always fun!

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Absolutely agree! Thanks for the help as always! But since you asked, I wouldn't mind seeing more videos of good casters casting longer lines from the deep!
Appreciate the vids you and others put out there already. Such a great resource to learn from. Looking forward to seeing more!
Always fun!
When deep it鈥檚 all in the lift

Reactions: Jason

Registered
Tournament style casting would be cool! Just to show people the madness. I handed my tournament rod to a guy and it just popped his eyes.

Maybe another video just explaining your fishing theory. You've got the long one with Tim regarding the fine and far off methodology but one where you go into some detail on the why's and how's of that fishing style would be interesting.

Thanks for all the help with the PM's and videos Bruce!

Chris

BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tournament style casting would be cool! Just to show people the madness. I handed my tournament rod to a guy and it just popped his eyes.

Maybe another video just explaining your fishing theory. You've got the long one with Tim regarding the fine and far off methodology but one where you go into some detail on the why's and how's of that fishing style would be interesting.

Thanks for all the help with the PM's and videos Bruce!

Chris
Lots of tournament casts available on YouTube just search speyorama
as far as fishing theory my bible is fine and far off no need for a video that could never even come close to explaining what is put down so well in the book 馃し馃徎鈥嶁檪锔
Font Book Handwriting Writing Parallel

Book Font Parallel Paper Paper product

Book Font Material property Parallel Paper

Font Handwriting Book Material property Publication

Font Book Publication Paper Writing

Registered
as far as fishing theory my bible is fine and far off no need for a video that could never even come close to explaining what is put down so well in the book
Too true!

I've watched so many Spey o Rama videos! Mind boggling watching those guys lay out huge casts. Especially when they all do it slightly different. Everyone's got their own little quirk that makes the cast uniquely their own. Same cast, but style points gotta go to Zack. Buttery smooth.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts