Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a couple Scandi lines for Burkheimer 6128 and 7133. I have Rage heads for both but was thinking mid belly or something that's more enjoyable to cast.

Any advise would help.
Thanks
Bob

·
Hacker
561 Posts
I have the 7134 and use the Gaelforce 460gr 38' head. I bought the integrated version but chopped it. I used the 45' FF before that and it was fine, but the two lines have very different feel. The Gaelforce lines are just smooooooth. Not what you are asking for, but the Gaelforce 54' 530gr is also a favorite on my 7wt rods. Talk to Poppy, he knows your rods very well and will likely give you a perfect match.

·
Premium Member
3,334 Posts
The Nextcast heads or a real, traditionally tapered scandi first, then moving up to an aero head, then to what would be closer to a traditional short belly length like the vectors or gaelforce equalizers. The traditional definition of “mid-belly” is more in the ballpark of 70’. I’m guessing that is not what you really meant. If you don’t want to spend a ton initially (all of those are pretty steep) I would go direct to the aeroheads without passing Go. In spite of the Beulah commercial lingo those are short, barely traditional SHORT belly length. For those weight rods they will be short enough to make a nice jump, and they are pretty easy to cast and so a good into to longer lines.

Might be gone by now, but there were a few aeroheads up on the classifieds recently, including a 450.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,752 Posts
The Nextcast heads or a real, traditionally tapered scandi first, then moving up to an aero head, then to what would be closer to a traditional short belly length like the vectors or gaelforce equalizers. The traditional definition of “mid-belly” is more in the ballpark of 70’. I’m guessing that is not what you really meant. If you don’t want to spend a ton initially (all of those are pretty steep) I would go direct to the aeroheads without passing Go. In spite of the Beulah commercial lingo those are short, barely traditional SHORT belly length. For those weight rods they will be short enough to make a nice jump, and they are pretty easy to cast and so a good into to longer lines.

Might be gone by now, but there were a few aeroheads up on the classifieds recently, including a 450.
Botsari if you’ve not tried the Gaelforce scandi head you’re missing out 0:)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I chatted with Poppy this morning. Awsome guy to chat with! He is sending me a couple Gaelforce 54 7/8 and 8/9 to demo. If I like them I'll be getting as heads only. thanks for the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts