Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Sage, Redington, Hardy, G. Loomis
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a 9 or 10 wt spey rod and also reel for Chinook salmon fishing on the Campbell river on Vancouver Island. Looking for anything used and under $400CAD (Rod) and anything under $400 for the reel. Not looking for anything crazy because I'm probably going to use it like once or twice in my entire life.

I appreciate everyone who contributes to helping me find something.

Thanks all,
Casey

EDIT: Thanks for the input from everyone that participated, I've got a rod and a reel for this trip now.

Cheers,
Casey

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a Dec Hogan 14' 9wt for sale on the Spey Classifieds for 200 bucks, you could als get a MaxCatch 9 or 10 weight Spey for less than that. I still have a 13' 8wt MaxCatch that is honestly a really solid rod.
Good to know, thanks for the input.

Happy holidays,
Casey

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Problem. Happy Holidays to you too. The Hogan looks like a good choice. Get the least expensive Lamson that will hold a big line and you are set. You could even pick up a Loop Classic 811 or Hardy Perfect 4 1/4 used and sell it for what you paid for it when you're done.
Yea i looked at the Hogan, the guys only shipping to the lower 48 and not up into Canada. That was a really tempting one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.