Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Sage, Redington, Hardy, G. Loomis
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a 9 or 10 wt spey rod and also reel for Chinook salmon fishing on the Campbell river on Vancouver Island. Looking for anything used and under $400CAD (Rod) and anything under $400 for the reel. Not looking for anything crazy because I'm probably going to use it like once or twice in my entire life.

I appreciate everyone who contributes to helping me find something.

Thanks all,
Casey

EDIT: Thanks for the input from everyone that participated, I've got a rod and a reel for this trip now.

Cheers,
Casey

·
Registered
Scott T3H 15' 9wt, Lamson ULA, Scott T3H 13'6", 4 1/4" Hardy Perfect
80 Posts
There is a Dec Hogan 14' 9wt for sale on the Spey Classifieds for 200 bucks, you could als get a MaxCatch 9 or 10 weight Spey for less than that. I still have a 13' 8wt MaxCatch that is honestly a really solid rod.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a Dec Hogan 14' 9wt for sale on the Spey Classifieds for 200 bucks, you could als get a MaxCatch 9 or 10 weight Spey for less than that. I still have a 13' 8wt MaxCatch that is honestly a really solid rod.
Good to know, thanks for the input.

Happy holidays,
Casey

·
Registered
Scott T3H 15' 9wt, Lamson ULA, Scott T3H 13'6", 4 1/4" Hardy Perfect
80 Posts
No Problem. Happy Holidays to you too. The Hogan looks like a good choice. Get the least expensive Lamson that will hold a big line and you are set. You could even pick up a Loop Classic 811 or Hardy Perfect 4 1/4 used and sell it for what you paid for it when you're done.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No Problem. Happy Holidays to you too. The Hogan looks like a good choice. Get the least expensive Lamson that will hold a big line and you are set. You could even pick up a Loop Classic 811 or Hardy Perfect 4 1/4 used and sell it for what you paid for it when you're done.
Yea i looked at the Hogan, the guys only shipping to the lower 48 and not up into Canada. That was a really tempting one.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
3,294 Posts
I have a 15' 9/10 I bought off of @zencaster a few years ago. I broke the tip on it last year and he happened to have a spare tip for it. It was some sort of prototype blank. He was playing with several of them at the time. The rod cast very nice but just not getting used these days. I'd sell it for $100 if you pay for shipping. Let me know if your interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.