Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Meiser

has a couple in that range that are great rods. I have the 11' 7" and have used it for trout and kamloops trout. A friend has used his on the Grand Ronde for small, but hot steelhead. It works well in those applications. Meiser has an 11' 4" that is a little softer, but not a wimp. So it depends on what you are interested in. Bob will also mail you a rod to try and if you get down to the Seatlle area on a Saturday morning (9-noon), get to Carnation and try some of Aaron's rods.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sage 5- & 6-weight

I own the 5- and the 6-weight Sage rods and I absolutely LOVE them...in fact, I was surfing in here for the first time in forever to see if anyone was talking about these rods...

Tendonitis has made me all but abandon one-handers for any line weight over a 5-weight...then you realize how downright handy these light rods are, especially for close quarters fishing...suffice it to say that I'm using the 6-weight for ALL of my Oregon steelheading (summer & winter)...

Anyway, I enjoy the heck out of my 5-weight and recommend it highly....

Skip :D

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
what line for the 5120?

Sirs--

What line(s) are you liking best for the Sage 5120. I have the line that Sage makes for the rod and don't want to drop the dough on a Windcutter 5/6 unless it is really worth it.

Thanks---

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey NI...

Empty some messages from your PM box.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been using an 8-weight Rio Clouser line and it works like a charm...I realize that's probably heresy 'round here, but it really casts great!!!

·
just say no to bait
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks All,

I'll look into the mieser 5 wts. Hey Mike good to hear from you, there should be room now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts