Spey Pages banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob is the man!
15' 7/8/9 Highlander
A reel seat that will accept original old Perfect reel feet.
Life is good!

Gary

Attachments

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
That reel seat would accept a 2X4. Now you just need to find a reel that cranks with the proper hand (L).

A very nice rod with a quality finish as would be expected from Bob.

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Just another example of why a $102.00 spey rod on ebay is the wrong way to play this game. Guys like Meiz and shops like Poppys are the reason i keep clicking on speypages.com!
SC

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
your sure of that? Small point- you missed my point!
SC

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You got it Dwayne.....CUSTOMER SERVICE is what keeps me going to Poppy's all the way from British Columbia. Treats you like his best friend...all the time, not just when you are looking for a special purchase.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice Work

I'm not sure why people make such a deal over expensive equipment,:rolleyes: .. I'm just a 17 year old punk, who makes very little money at all, and I seem to manage just fine, it just takes a little longer. The point is good equipment is a lasting investment and good people like Meiz, Poppy and the other fine sponsors keep the wheel turning for us all. Good equipment is many things and doesn't always have to be outrages in price, it's reliable, solid and durable, performs a specific task well and comes with a warranty just incase something does go wrong and is quickly replaced, and above all it's about good people treating people like people! Not some faceless offshore conglomerate that couldn't care less what happens to your days fishing. Can't find that in a 102.00 e-bay special.
As for me and many others like me, I'll keep on saving my pennies, Because work like bob's is not just bought, It's Earned:smokin:

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool. What line are you using with that rod?

- David
I settled on a Nextcast Winter Authority 7/8.....though other lines worked well too....because of the huge grain wndow.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hey Gary ... Looks like the ole pepper grinder fits just fine on her.

Actually Gary and I swaped flies for graphite.

I now have a beautiful selection of killer Voo Doo made bugs that will last me many seasons to come, and I already know how effective they can be.

... Stuck some nice fish with them already this season.

Good on ya bro, and thanks to ya for a good trade ... Meiz

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Can I see a photo of "killer Voo Doo made bugs":D
or may be I rely on presentation and well proven flies

Salmo

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Mitch my lad, your wise beyond your years;) Well said!
SC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts