Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to leave for the Clearwater speyclave tomorrow morning and thought I would post a few more bugs. Being stoked on the wicked Killers, Red-Wing and Balmoral posted in the last few days by Gr8lakes Flyer, MZillion and riverrat8 I grabbed a few pics to share. I don't know what you would technically call these ties... maybe non-traditional Dee style flies? Anyways they are a mix of old style and some new materials and most are a rendition/bastardization of flies or color combos that I have faith in. Most of these were hackled "throat style" or with a dubbing loop using Rhea, Burnt Ostrich, Peacock and left over Heron and BEP left on the stick, some even have a strand of 2 of flash in them. Anyways an option for those wanting to mess around with this style of fly who may not have long BEP lying around.... also ALOT less costly but with good wiggle :D
Personally, I have just as much confidence swinging these as I do in marabou/flash/schlappen....

Anyways.... here are a few with mixed hackles

And 2 with Heron.

Hope you dig em.
Cheers.
J.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd.... No doubt brother! and with good reason :Eyecrazy:

Cheers fellas!

J

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those look great! I've been thinking about using rhea once my limited supply of heron sub runs out, good to know it works well, I really like the peacock as well.

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
#2 has my vote. Have fun at the clave, one of these years I am going to make it up there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Very nice Dee Flies. You've inspired me! Think I'll tie some for winter fishing. Would be hard to choose the first one to swim. Tight lines!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts