Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoying some sunshine warmth with some long belly fun for my trouts on the upper Columbia.
Rod is the Gaelforce 16ft 9 wght with a Gaelforce equalizer 83 line in a 9 wght designation.
No trout were harmed but had some fun! :grin2:

https://vimeo.com/380161749

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show off .... ;)

So when are you going to make a video longer than 7 seconds ??

Mike
Haha who’s making videos...... I was just fishing and my buddy takes the vids :nerd:

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still trying to figure one little bit out as I watched that....

How come my casts don’t look like that 🙄
If you tell me which part I might be able to help :smile2:

Reactions: Jason

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If you tell me which part I might be able to help :smile2:
That’s kind of you, but in this case I believe it starts at the lift, includes inconsistent anchor placement, occasional deviation of the 180 rule, a bit of creep at times, too much muscle, lack of concise stop, too much top arm, too much bottom hand, not enough muscle, wrong color hat, too much coffee, probably poor line match, definitely improper reel balance, outdated rod (in negotiation with the wife on those last points).... hmmm, that’s about all I think... and for some reason they just don’t seem to look as smooth or go as far? (Must be the rod!)

Oh yeah, I forgot to add: lack of practice

JB

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s kind of you, but in this case I believe it starts at the lift, includes inconsistent anchor placement, occasional deviation of the 180 rule, a bit of creep at times, too much muscle, lack of concise stop, too much top arm, too much bottom hand, not enough muscle, wrong color hat, too much coffee, probably poor line match, definitely improper reel balance, outdated rod (in negotiation with the wife on those last points).... hmmm, that’s about all I think... and for some reason they just don’t seem to look as smooth or go as far? (Must be the rod!)

Oh yeah, I forgot to add: lack of practice

JB
:wink2: Haha been there done that
A good place to start is the lift, pretty much the most important part to consistency of control of the line and thus the anchor.
Sorry can’t help with your choice of hat color :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts