Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inspired by Garry's recent post of his wonderful conversion of the Logie from featherwing to mixed wing, I have taken this a few steps on;

I started with the thoughts of using natural red fox, but only have fox squirrel, and used an underwing of yellow dyed arctic fox tail, and fox squirrel on top;

Also, as I will be fishing these flies locally, I tied these on Partridge Salar doubles CS14/2G in gold size 9:

I made a schoolboy error with the first one, the body silk colours being not that of the Logie, but it seemed to work OK:

I then went on to correct the body work, with the same hairwing subs:

I then had a thought to go with a mixed wing, using BM over the yellow fox, and adding some crystal flash within the wing:

I then morphed the tie using hot orange arctic instead of the yellow (now no longer a 'Logie');

but after a few more ties, I went back to the yellow fox underwing:

and I ended up with 20 ties that sat happily as a family of variants in the wallet:

A couple of these did had the odd strand of black and/or crystal flash in or over the wing

Looking to swim these in the summer :)

Mike

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,679 Posts
From another Double Lover

Sw.......................eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
Hi Mike,

You covered all the bases there I'd think. All except some tube variations so...... :)

I'll watch for those,

Ard

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the encouragement, guys!

These will be swung in the lower flows of the summer Dee, in Scotland, this year! Hoping for a fresh grabby grilse ;)

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts