Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Just curious, planning for the long run. What are the locations for taking the Spey Certified Casting Instructor test, and of those which would be closest to the southern US?

I have not yet taken the one handed CCI but I am in the final stages during the run up. I hope to take it this summer or early fall.

One day I would like to get certified as a spey instructor as well, although that day is necessarily a lot further off.

Do you guys see this program growing beyond the frozen north and away from the coasts?

Zach

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Zach,

as the numbers of THCIs grow there will likely be more folks who are qualified to administer the test, which will allow for more opportunities for test takers. Right now to be a Spey tester you need to be Spey certified and Master certified and approved by the Spey committee, and there are only a few of these folks around.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Zack, if I might offer a 'good guess,' the Sandy 'Clave will be chock o' block with 'testers.' BUT, I'm sure that they've already have their books full of applicants.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Full?

A couple of applicants pull out so there may be a few spots open, best hurry. Klem

·
Registered
273 Posts
A Full Year

This past year has been a rewarding year: processed a lot of information, developed a teaching style and refined my personal casting style. mpressed myself with how much I learnt but humbled by how much more there is to know. I quess the iceberg theory comes into play -- You see a little on the surface but what is unseen is really deep. I know quite a bit but now I realize there is a ton more to learn. At this point in the game, passing the test is secondary to studying for the "test". I'm better now than I was a year ago and only part way to where I want to be. Happy but humble.

Looking forward to taking the "test", Klem
ps, still haven't heard when I'm up. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
testing and classes

Howdy Zach
This year at FFF national conclave in Livingston MT
Monday will be a THC class then testing durning the week
contact Barbara.
ol Al

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.