Spey Pages banner

Little Wang and Lum Plum

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  GR8LAKES FLYER 
#1 · (Edited)
My first attempt at Todd's Little Wang, paired with Amy Hazel's Green Butt Lum Plum, one of my go-to patterns. Wang is tied on a Tiempco 700. It will be interesting to see how all of that foam casts.

Thanks for the pattern, Todd! It was easy to follow the SBS on your blog.

Mark

#4 ·
Beautiful flies Mark! Love that Lum Plum, I'll have to tie some for my summer fishing. I bet some of those in size 6 would be a never fail comeback fly and of course a great primary fly.

Great rendition of my foamy invention! I'm flattered to have you think enough of my fly to tie one up yourself. Great to hear that my SBS was helpful, I had never done one of those before. How long did it take to tie yours?? As noted, it usually takes me 20-30 minutes. I didn't realize until making the SBS, how many materials and steps I had crammed into my mad creation!

Todd

#5 ·
About 30 minutes for the first one because I kept looking at the iPad for the next step, but probably about 15-20 minutes for the second. Pre-cutting the foam in production mode would help. I plan to do that after the test run to see if I can cast it.

Fun diversion for a windy day in the Tri Cities. We had a cold front move through and it was blowing 30-50 mph.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.