Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
loco alto!
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in the earliest days of the ISC board, there were threads dedicated to rods and matching lines. Since this is a reasonably popular rod, I wanted to start a similar thread.

Please chime in on lines that work for you. Here's what I can offer:

XLT 7/8
Windcutter 8/9/10
DT9F
Triangle Taper 9.

·
Registered
630 Posts
One of my favorite rods! lines I use and recommend are hardy mach1 plus 9/10,hardy salmon head 10/11- 46' head,midspey 7/8, long delta 7/8, windcutter 789 w/tips, 7/8 xlt. Hardy salmon head 10/11 also is a good tips line for this rod if modified a bit. Standard carron 10/11 is nice but a bit on the heavy side for all day fishing. Lots of lines I have not tried yet that probably work fine as well but so far the 7/8 airflow long delta seems a perfect match for this summers low water dry line fishing.

Brian

·
Registered
926 Posts
I agree . . . probably my favorite rod. Depending on the river, conditions, wind, etc I routinely fish XLT 7/8s and 8/9s. But I also just got done fishing an entire week with the Jetstream 10/11. I agree, the carron is a little heavy, but it suits it fine to about 100', or so and is an absolute pleasure to fish. I'm sure it would also fish the TT8 very well. Bill

·
loco alto!
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Airflo Traditional Spey 8/9, wonderful, doesn't tax the rod with the whole head out. Mine is 77' long (specs say 80' - 87').

·
Registered
147 Posts
7-8-9 windcutter
8-9-10 windcutter
9-10-11 windcutter
7/8 xlt
7/8 misspey
DT 9

would love to try more lines on it but haven't had the opportunity

1 - 5 of 5 Posts