Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find any line recommendations for the newer winston 13'3" BIII TH. Does this simply cast the same lines as the BIIX version with the softer tip? Looking for some short and mid belly recommendations. Thanks.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Check out Tom Larimer's website. He reviewed the rods and made some line recommendations, at least for short heads.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
i like one size heavier than the b2x. so 540 skagit and 470-480 in a scandi.

the b2 i like 510 and 440

both are very versatile rods and will handle a bunch of lines.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. Any recommendations for the slightly longer lines. I was thinking possibly the ballistic vector (500 grain?), next cast 45 (6/7?) or the new beulah aerohead (7/8?) or any other suggestions?

·
Registered
195 Posts
B3x th

I use to own the B2X 7133 and fished it with the Nextcast 45 7/8 and it was a very good match. The new rod should cast equally well with the NC 7/8 45 or 55

·
Registered
38 Posts
Blade,

You are in for a real treat, this is one great rod that will cast Skagit's, Scandi's and mid belly lines. The BIII and B2X are my go to fishing sticks.

I routinely cast and fish this rod with a Ballistic Spey Vector at 500 gr, an older Delta Multi tips and the Ballistic Express. It will also cast a 550-570 gr weight line very well.

I prefer lining my rods on the lighter side and you may choose to up the grain weight. Akcaster may have some additional input on this rod as well.

Tight loops

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts