Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have that rod and will check the lines when I get home later.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
The grain window for that rood is 450 - 650, I have overhead int head that's 385grns at 31'. The skagit head I'm not sure no scale and lost the tag with the grns and length, its around 19' and around 550grns(oversized compact cut down) to fish 100 to 120grn tips and just screams out the guides!!! Make ya chuckle casts and watch the backing knot go out the tip top casts :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
A ff45 would rock on this rod for a floater, and will cast scandi well too but will be a personal taste for how you like.. some where in the 30' - 35'. Hope this helps its been quit a few years since I set up this rod.

·
I only have 2 hands
176 Posts
SA Spey Evolution. Very versatile and forgiving taper. Super slick. If you cut 6 ft. off the tip and attach a new loop it will throw 10-12 ft. versileaders or longer mono leaders with heavy stuff. Not really a fan of any one brand but this particular model is a home run for ease of use.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scandi head so far!

Thank you for the line choices. I tried a 500 gr Buelah V2 switch scandi head and seemed to work well but mabe a tad light. Might try a 525 Elixir switch scandi head too. Haven't tried any of the Nextcast or SA lines as Rio, Airflo, and Buelah are easy for me to try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts