Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm clearly not experienced with welding lines, but I do know that some lines are not as easily welded as others. I have a Ridge 30# running line that I'd like to be able to weld a new loop on, and I'm curious if there are any issues there. Took it into a fly shop on my way back home, but the folks there were not sure if it could take a weld or not, and were hesitant to cut it. Any issues, suggestions, advice, words of caution, etc?
JB

·
Registered
547 Posts
AF Running Line Weld

Airflo lines are among the easiest to weld as they are Polyurethane as opposed to PVC and as a result weld at a lower temperature. I often use a piece of AF running line and weld it to a PU line to get a small loop. Works a treat.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I had thought that I'd heard the same about Airflo lines, but the folks at the shop were so hesitant I wasn't sure if perhaps the running lines were any different. Good to know,
JB

·
Registered
361 Posts
Try getting hold of Poppy at Redshed. He used to be on here a lot, but has his own forum now. He really knows his welding, and sells kits (if needed).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts