Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
just say no to bait
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I need to buy an overhead clear sink or clear sink tip for a Loop 8116 Blue. Will any overhead 8 wt. line do the trick?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
The 10 weight should be perfect on that stick. See if you can find a RIO outbound in 10wt or 9wt if you like a lighter load. Should be a killer combo.

-sean

·
just say no to bait
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding! I should have stated that I already have the Loop adapted heads. I am entered in a tournament which will not allow shooting heads.

P.S. Peter, what do you use on your old 9140 ;)

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
How do they define shooting heads?

Rio lines have a 37.5 head with an integrated running line. They are not heads. These are not really shooting heads per say and have a head length comparable to a lot of regular lines.

They perform like heads though and would give you a leg up on the competition :smokin: They will cast further on a two hander than any other line out there.

-sean

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
They are a new line by RIO. From past discussions on the board there has always been an issue with getting a line that was short enough to fish but could hold the energy one can create using two hands. Airflo just made one for the atlantis ( ask Peter how much he likes it) and RIO now has a new line called the Outbound that really goes on a two handed overhead rod. The only problem with it is it is only 120' long. I wish it was 150' cause it is very easy to throw 120 with them. Here is the RIO page:

http://rioproducts.com/pages/newproducts.asp?product=21713

I would look at the 9wt version as these lines run a little heavy anyway so that could be the ticket on your rod.

-sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts