Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been testing rods for grain windows and now need to move some lines on to new homes. All prices include shipping the the CONUS. All lines in the factory boxes.

Rio Long Head Spey 7/8.
This is Rio's new (August 2015) long belly line at 64' and 620 grains. This one has been test cast on 4 or five rods for a total of about two hours. $60

SA spey Evolution 8/9, 54.5' and 600 grains. Only cast a few times. $25 SPF

Beulah Tonic skagit heads - first generation, $20 each. If you haven't cast a Tonic you're in for a treat. As good as floating skagits get.
300 gr. 5/6 switch 22.5' - test cast once SPF
500 gr. 7/8 spey 26' - fished but still in great condition SPF
600 gr. 8/9 spey 27' - test cast several times but still in great condition. SPF

Beulah Elixir scandi heads - first generation, $20 each.
250 gr. 4/5 switch 25' - test cast only SPF
325 gr. 5/6 switch 27' - test cast only SPF
375 gr. 6/7 spey 31' - test cast and fished a couple times SPF
475 gr. 8/9/10 switch 31' - new, never cast SPF
500 gr. 9/10 switch 31' - test cast once SPF

·
flailing less
489 Posts
Hey Tom,
I'll take your Spey Evolution 600 grain. I think with a bit of pruning it will match up with my new 14 foot/ 15 foot 5/6 A.R.E. with the 7/8 tip section (yup, the epoxy is drying as I speak).
Greg

Reactions: troutberry

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg,

Your science project is awesome. Can't wait to hear how it turns out. Shoot me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get the line in the mail. Might have some ideas for other lines as well once you get a handle on the new grain window.

Tom

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM's replied to and will try to mail the sold lines this afternoon.

Thanks guys and keep the orders coming. Have to make room for some new lines.

Tom

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hijack

Not to highjack your thread Tom but how do you like Rio's new longbelly spey line?

·
flailing less
489 Posts
Tom's right about the Tonics

I bought one on a closeout thinking it might be worth a try--in my opinion they have better finish, taper and flight characteristics than the other two leading brands. They should be way more popular.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PM's responded to and first set of lines went out in the mail today. Keep it coming guys, lot's left and need the room for more inbound lines.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM's answered. Keep it going guys, almost there.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess that pretty much concludes the festivities for Phase I. All but one sold and I don't mind holding onto that one. Stay tuned.

Thanks guys,

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts