Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's say i wanted to build a line that has been reffered to as `Skagit'by somebody somewhere at some time in the past)and wanted raw level line or DTto start with,what diameter would a person look for or what line would you cut up,and please!,this is not about buying a factory built line or talking about this taper/this end or what your preferences are on the ends,i'm talking the main floating section,,so,,,can a person buy level lines in sufficiant thickness? also,what is the preferred core material if there is one,,thank you!beforehand for any help you can offer:D

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
Talk to Aaron at River Run Anglers, one of our sponsors. He sells level line in weight 12 through 16, unless he has sold out of some. Then it's just a matter of figuring out how long you want your head, and getting the line with the grains per foot to give you the weight you want in the length you want. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
extrasuperduper!

that's what i was wanting to know,,thank you Philster!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
second question=?

without starting another thread,,whould a running line like the saltwater/shooter/sinker lines have on them make a great running shooting line for `Skagit' work? the `brown' exposed core'`stuffff',or go ahead and tell me your favorite running line,i've been using Amnesia for some `setups'all various homebuilt lines i've monkey'd with,,but i like the szzszszszszsing! of that stuff as it szszszszings thru the guides,and it doesn't need stretching!,but i'm hedging on chopping up my saltwater 444's to rob the running line :tsk_tsk:

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
River Run also can print you a sheet with grains per foot for said lines,darn near a spey super store,we're a lucky bunch.:)
As for running lines I like Airflo Miracle braid,While it usualy floats my clear type 1 beach head pulls it down below the waves nicely, no streching needed at all and it's easy to make loops in it.Good stuff .

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Polyshoot XT or Tactical XT

make very nice running lines, if you want a coated line.

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
Rio Powerflex Core Shooting Line

·
Registered
445 Posts
.................Hammer,Aaron at River Run,has the stuff. His level lines are really the hot set-up. Rio running lines work well,Slickshooter 50lb. makes great shooting line. All you need now is one of Aaron's scale to weigh the lines,some braid to make loops,and you are ready to rock!!!! :smokin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts