Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lookin for a tug
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Sage 7136-4 IIIe from a member. I just wanted to get an idea of the grain window for this rod. The internets are not helping me find said charts.

What lines worked best for you fine folks with this rod. Thanks in advance for your input. Im super stoked to get this thing on the water

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Yeah, them too, since they're part of the same company (Far Bank)

·
Heartlander
170 Posts
Sorry no info on the Nextcast but my rod cast a Airflo Delta Spey 7/8 very nice. With more wind a Airflo Rage 480gr is also nice - maybe a bit heavy.
I tried the Delta Long 6/7 but it is not my liking.

Tight lines
Peter

PS Airflo Delta Long Multi Tip 6/7 for sale

·
Registered
298 Posts
as for the next cast my understanding is to use the 6/7 for a 7weight due to there lines being on the heavy side. please correct me if i am wrong.

·
Administrator
2,472 Posts
I have a 7/8 Delta on mine and intend to put a 6/7 or 7/8 Delta Long on it as well. I/ll primarily be fishing a dry line with it.

·
JD
3,614 Posts
I had a 7136-4 greenie when they fist came out, with the short mis-matched grips. At the time, I was into long belly lines. The SA XLT 6/7 line was a good match for that rod, as long as you did not go overboard with big flies. I had a hand tied tapered leader in the 13/15 foot range going from 30# down to 8#. I was able to load that rod deep into the blank with about 70ft of line off the reel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts